fredag 30 september 2016

Data gathering - Joakim Lilja

Data gathering - Joakim Lilja

Data gathering - Joakim Lilja

Naturalistic observation

  • Time: Around two o'clock
  • Day: Friday
  • Weather: Sunny, windy

The mood on the ferry is calm. Altough the weather is quite windy the majority is outside gazing at the surroundings during the trip. The benches inside are positioned such that the travellers can't easily look out the windows. Most people inside focus on chatting with their companions, toying with their phones or reading newspaper.

Images taken during the trip. Most people are outside looking at the surrounding. When inside you have to sit in an awkward position in order to see through the windows.

Semi-structured interview

Man from London, age 26, accompanying a friend living in Stockholm.

Pre-trip

Interview conducted at the terminal in Slussen before the ferry arrives.

Are you familiar with Stockholm? Have you been here before?

I've been in here for 24 hours so I know like Östermalm, Södermalm, what's that place? Hornstull?

What's the reason you're taking the ferry?

Just to explore.

Do you have any knowledge about the area surrounding the ferry or at the destination?

I think there's a zoo... Perhaps...Or I don't know actually. I recognize that word on the boat - Djurgården.

Do you feel like you're lacking any information regarding where you are going?

I feel like I don't have a bearing. It's a small city so I feel like I should know how to walk places, but I don't.

Is that something that you would like to get during the trip, more information that is?

Yeah, yes. But you got the internet, so you could always google it.

Post-trip

Interview conducted at the terminal in Allmänna gränd just after exiting the ferry.

Did you like the trip?

Yes, very relaxing.

Anything that could've made the trip better?

Yes, maybe some commentary saying kind of "This is this". A bit more information.

Did you do anything special during the trip?

I threw my coffee in the bin, that was interesting.

Were you inside or outside?

Inside, I felt I had to sit down.

Do you feel you could have needed a bit more information regarding the places of interest on Djurgården?

Yes, maybe some sign posts or similar. You don't have to tailor it for everyone though, some enjoy doing some research.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar